48 year old american standard toilet - spare parts

I would appreciate help in locating spare parts for an American Standard toilet. I want to replace ALL of the toilet interior parts including: overflow pipe and flapper float fill valve and valve body
The following is the information embossed on the inner cover of our existing toilet. The toilet is a one-piece design. American Standard T 55 Jan 18, 1955 70 0002
The dimensions of the tank on this one piece toilet are: 11" H x 8" D x 21 " W
On 11 Jan 2004 13:25:36 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (davidrobert) wrote:

The Fluidmaster products will do the job beautifully.
snipped-for-privacy@suds.com wrote:

On the one-piece Am-Std of that era, it can be difficult to fit the Fluid Master flapper assy. Here's one source of parts: http://www.plumbingsupply.com/amstan.html
Jim

toilet.
existing toilet.

Any full service plumbing supply house should have something that will work, maybe even the exact parts. You won't find them at Slows or Home cheapo.
--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email
Colbyt wrote:

toilet.
existing toilet.

Had a problem with 2 American Standard toilets of a similar vintage, particularly with finding the large flapper valves they needed. Was referred by Am Std to D&J Distributors in Kingston, NY who seemed to stock a lot of old parts. They had the flappers. You might check with them if you have trouble finding the parts you need.