27 cents a mile

Page 2 of 5
I quite remember Obama ordering away the skimmer ships.
at the height of the gulf oil spill few would of wanted drilling in their area. dont forget the coastal areas are major tourism draws, tourism crashed during the spill......
the value of tourism is way more than some wells
obama gets blamed for way too much......
and romney made his bucks exporting jobs overseas, is that the kinda president we need??
bob haller wrote:

As I've pointed out at least twice, there was ZERO potential for any problem with continued drilling. The "regulation" could have been to stop drilling 1,000 feet from the oil reservoir.

Heh! Some would say he doesn't get blamed for nearly enough. Certainly he hasn't taken responsibility for any of his actions that turned out badly.

Yep, for lots of reasons. Specifically here, he never exported any job overseas. This is a flagrant lie and shame on you for repeating it.

Is that so?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/romneys-bain-capital-invested-in-companies-that-moved-jobs-overseas/2012/06/21/gJQAsD9ptV_story.html
Head up your arse as usual.
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 00:03:23 -0700 (PDT), harry

If you actually read the article, Romney did not send the jobs overseas. He invested in companies that did though and there is a difference.
We complain about losing jobs to other counties, yet we demand cheaper and cheaper products. Pogo had it right, "we have met the enemy and it is us."

The other interesting thing is that we have increased manufacturing output over the last 20 years, even when we include inflation. At the same time we have been averaging over 2% per year in productivity gains, much more than any other sector. I have long suggested that we have lost far more jobs to robots than to the Chinese. And many of these (among the biggest users of robots is the auto industry) are high paying jobs. So again, we look for scapegoats instead of reasons.
On 10/11/2012 6:38 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Just you wait 'till the robots form a union, things will really change then. ^_^
TDD
They will get out the vote, with people calls?
"This is an important message from robot union 142, reminding you to....."
Just you wait 'till the robots form a union, things will really change then. ^_^
TDD

Isn't that the AFSCME ?

Are we surprised that harry can NOT distinguish between 2 very disparate things ? Even the URL proves him wrong

And government tax and regulations force the issue.

Quote from the article.:-
During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
There yah go. A true patriot.

Go ahead and list those companies and EXACTLY how they did that.. Smart people rely on more than hearsay They want proof Guess where that puts you on the "smart" scale.
harry wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/romneys-bain-capital-invested-in-companies-that-moved-jobs-overseas/2012/06/21/gJQAsD9ptV_story.html
According to Wikipedia, Bain Capital has around 400 employees. Just how many of these positions do you think were moved offshore?
Further, the article you reference is from the Washington Post, who seemingly cannot tell the difference between outsourcing and off-shoring. Virtually all businesses outsource something: accounting, janitorial work, advertising, something.
Time to start stocking-up your bunker. October 27th is approaching rapidly.

So how exactly do they off-shore janitorial work?
On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:05:45 -0700 (PDT), harry

Hire a bunch of illegal aliens.

You use a time-warp, dummy

harry can't do that. He's in the UK

Bullshit. His energy "policy" certainly does affect gas prices.

Irrelevant. Oil is not (but could be).

That about sums it up. The price of fuel will continue to rise as these third world countries become wealthier and want more automobiles etc. Demand outstripping supply. The wealthy in America become wealthier. They don't give a shit about Americans,only money. You need a proper revolution there.
On Oct 8, 10:26am, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

And gas was $4 plus before O took office. That sudden drop down to less than $2 was a surprise to everyone but much appreciated. If anyone thought it would stay there they were disappointed.
Harry K