Subject Author Posted Replies

You changed it, right?
...HVAC filter first of the month? Next month is filter and your underwear.
4
4

Bronze Pump
I used to like to buy bronze pumps because you could always repair them. Guess what, you can=92t get parts for them anymore.
19
19

How, Get Rid of Interefence from DVD
I have a memorex dvd, in my living room, and in my bedroom I have 2 am radios. If the dvd player is plugged into the outlet(even in standby mode, switch off) I get a tremendous amount of static on my...
12
12

Question re snow blower friction plate?
Snow blower stopped 'driving' after two passes. Its a very ordinary about 6 HP horizontal shaft Tecumseh (very similar to B&S) and about 28 inch wide. Expecting it to be a 'drive chain...
7
7

insulating / weatherproofing power outlets
One home weatherproofing step I am taking is to add foam insulation inserts behind the plastic covers on power outlets in my home. Mine is a 120 year old brick Victorian, the end unit in a row of...
8
8

TV Speaker Recommendtaion
I purchased a Samsung HDTV (model LN46A540) and am looking for recommendations for: - External speakers, and - Wireless Headphones I am not interested in a massive "home theater" but just better audio...
27
27

Buffing Hardwood Floors
Hi, I just moved into a new house. The builder did not do a great job with the floors. There looks like small bubbles on the varnish and it doesn't seem smooth. If I rented a buffer and ran that...
9
9

Porter-Cable Bammer Cells
Has anyone found a source for the Bammer Fuel Cells since PC announced that they would no longer produce them? I have 2 of these tools & would hate to throw them away. All I have found so far are...
9
9

water heater problem
Hello, need some suggestions if anyone is willing: A.O. Smith water heater, not more than 3-5 years old. Diagnostic LED's saying "System Lockout" which manual says is: 1. Gas supply is off or too...
3
3

Amateur-built homes faling down
"RESIDENTS of a model housing estate bankrolled by Hollywood celebrities and hand-built by Jimmy Carter, the former US president, are complaining that it is falling apart. "Fairway Oaks was built on...
33
33

Easyboard
I just installed 1/4" Hardibacker cementboard for a bathroom floor tile job. Just wondering if anybody has tried Easyboard for this type of application. I know the manufacturer's website says it...
1
1

Retro style light bulb source
I just bought a big pile of 1930's light fixtures to install in my home. I would like to use vintage looking light bulbs. Anyone got a source? cm
5
5

resurfacing pool
Does anyone know of good web sites for instructions on resurfacing a pool? I have a concrete pool which has been painted with an acrylic paint. Can I use regular plaster on top of this? Or do I have...
4
4

Clapboard - painting not required
Has anyone heard of clapboard that has the color going all the way through. I currently have Hardie concrete siding and the paint lasted about 2 years. My thinking is if the paint went all the way...
4
4

Plumbing: coupling question (photos)
OK, here's an overview of the problem: is the result of two separate leaks over time. It's a finished basement bedroom, and was a pretty low priority, so it languished a bit. Home was built...
8
8