Subject Author Posted Replies

Testing solenoid/starting circuit???
OK, I'm stumped... JD 112H lawn tractor (nearly ancient) Symptom is no voltage in ignition system when turn key to "on/start". Have had issue on occasion w/ safety interlock on tranny, but that...
6
6

OT - audio cable
I saw a couple interesting links at One is for an audio cable other had the most interesting reviews I have seen: http://www.usa.denon.com/productdetails/3429.asp...
20
20

epoxy bonding or weld?
Have browsed the group's posts looking for a solution to a railing problem, but need some clarification and advise. An iron stair rail on the back porch of a house we own has come loose. There...
6
6

OT - Heavy Equipment Oops!
Today: mouse vs leopard, crow vs vulture, and crane vs bridge. TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
5
5

Stipple a Ceiling
I'd appreciate if anyone can show me a link on how to stipple a ceiling. A video would be great. I have new unpainted green wallboard on the ceiling. Should primer be applied before stippling? Do...
8
8

Use Bing
Hey, someone needs to give 600-lb. gorilla Google a run for their money. (Even if it is Micro$oft.)
3
3

Standard Incandescent vs. Halogen Lumens Output
I want to use a medium base halogen light bulb where I have previously used both a standard incandescent as well as a CFL. The size restriction of the fixture dictates that the envelope be no larger...
9
9

What will quickly remove Plasti-Dip?
I've got a dishwasher rack that was covered with Plasti-Dip in a misbegotten experiment to provide extra protection against corrosion. I've been using citrus based paint remover and Scotch...
5
5

I need a lightbulb with square corners
I have a light in the corner of the room. A standard bulb will not fit because it's too close to the wall. I need a lightbulb with square corners, or at least two flat sides. Where can I buy one?...
6
6

Cushion for slamming doors
I'm looking for an good looking option for reducing the noise the interior doors make when closing. I've use the little round felt pads used for cabinet doors but they look tacky and I need...
6
6

Ceiling fan installation issues
We just had a higher end ceiling fan (Casablanca) installed in our bedroom. To avoid having to wire for a wall control, we opted for the wireless remote control model. The install was done by a...
10
10

Roof question
I have a flat Rubber Roof. It has some cracks & needs a coating. 1 roofer want to use a Silver coating for $500.00 I think the silver coating is a type of paint. Roofer # 2 Wants to do a Hot Asphalt...
8
8

Plank siding
Isn't this a waste of lumber?
2
2

Don't do something right and 44 years later, it will bite you.
Don't do something right and 44 years later, it will bite you. A 66" water main that broke in December and sent a river of water down River Road in Bethesda Maryland, washing cars down the road in...
8
8

follow-up on deck repair
Follow-up on deck repair The inspector came and left and left a message for me on the phone and had no complaints about my deck. Even without the railing or the steps. So I"m off the hook for a few...