Subject Author Posted Replies

Identify clothes washer part?
Maytag LSE7800. The H & C supply lines go to the mixing valve and a single hose goes from there to the tub. But before it connects to the tub there inserted in the hose a plastic cube with some kind...
20
20

Correct Leveler/Filler for Vinyl Tile?
I plan to lay new 12" self-stick vinyl tile over the 50 year old 9" vinyl tiles in my kitchen. As you might imagine, the old tiles have accumulated a few deep cuts, gouges and small holes, probably...
2
2

Jumper packs for cars (yeah, off topic, I know....)
Jump packs are limited in the ammount of power, like nicads. But they are seriously convenient. Most of them have an AC plug, so you can charge them off the 110 VAC power at home. Many have a "car...
4
4

Grass keeps clogging chute on Snapper 21" pusher
Have an old 21" Snapper pusher. For the first time in several years I've decided to start bagging the grass instead of mulching it. Problem is, I'm now finding that the grass clogs the chute...
30
30

Source for 4-conductor antenna rotator cable?
Subject says it all, almost. Checked the local Borgs- they don't even carry twinlead any more, much less 4-conductor outdoor-rated ribbon cable. One place had crappy rather overpriced 3-conductor...
10
10

Improvising...
This website sings the praises of improvisation. Jerry Whether you call a professional for home repairs or do it yourself, there's a 50/50 chance of something not being right.
3
3

Porch alignment
I have a problem with the porch roof and supporting pillars... lean slightly to the right... politically... it's no problem... but esthetically... I need a fix... any ideas?
9
9

Garage door opener
A friend needs another garage door opener receiver. He's not using it to open a garage door, since he doesn't have one, but to turn on floodlights around his house. The setup came with the...
1
1

How much bend allowed on PEX?
The old flex copper pipe coming out of the bathroom floor under the toilet is partly clogged. It's the last piece of original flex copper in the house since I replaced all the old pipe with rigid...
2
2

When you don't have the right tool...
You may be headed for a home repair job. In this case, for want of a corkscrew... Video
5
5

Water heater noise
I happen to be standing near the electric hot water heater while the dishwasher was running. Hear noise like "rattling". Something to worry about or just normal? Ideas please? Lou
17
17

Should I buy steel reinforced washer hoses?
Just moved my washer to a new location and although the current hoses are rubber and fairly new..... wondering if it STILL wise to invest in steel mesh hoses? What you guys do?
12
12

can't remove a faucet
One of the faucets to the hoses of our washing machine started leaking. I thought I would be able to simply remove it and replace it. It is a metal faucet in a plastic pipe, and I can't get it to...
26
26

What kind of socket is this?
Hi - Just moved in. The house has a gas dryer hookup. We of course have an electric dryer. I did notice a heavy duty socket on the wall. It looks a lot like a NEMA TT30 ( with vertical slots instead...
16
16

maintenance question on pressure washer
couple neighbors have offered their 1-2 year old pressure washers what are some things to look out for in terms on maintenance performed, neglected, check out, etc.. before I buy one ? for example, if...
2
2