Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?
It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose. Shane
33
33

Underlayment fastener
I'm replacing the vinyl floor in our kitchen with a porcelain tile floor. When I removed the old vinyl and the particle board underlayment I found it was fastened with a fastener type that I hadn't...
7
7

seeking advise for shed project
Planning to build a 10' X 12' storage shed and have some questions....Right now just want to work out plan for foundation...I want to construct this thing so that the floor sits about 1 foot above the...
24
24

Harbor Freight 20% Coupon 7/10-7/13
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayCoupon.do?week=2809&campaign=RetailC&page=2809_retailC.html&r=5069_447810...

How were Kitchen Counter Tops Attached?
I hope you're not suggesting putting Quartz ($$$) on 50 year old cabinets. Are you suuuure you wanna do that? I don't see many 50 year old cabinets in great shape, either functionally or aesthetically...
2
2

Sealer for wood floor
What is a good finish that will minimize scratches on a wood floor? Is polyurethane a good choice? Thanks, Andy
6
6

Briggs & Stratton specs
Does anyone know the allowable shaft play on the B & S engines? It moves about in and out .020" on mine. The oil seal is leaking and has to be replaced, but I'm wondering if the .020 is normal or...
7
7

Sealcoat a new driveway????
My neighbor just had a new asphalt driveway laid and a sealcoat contractor told him he 'needs to' sealcoat the driveway 'now' to protect it. I can't find out if that is really true or not, using...
41
41

nail gun sparking
Just got a DeWalt 15 ga. finish nailer. On every nail it sparks noticably. Is this normal? I've used a Bostitch finish nailer and it doesn't do this, nor does my framer or brad nailer.
2
2

How is blade on old Snapper push mower supposed to be held on?
On a 70's era 21" Snapper push mower, the end of the shaft is larger than the rest of the shaft. I don't have it in front of me to measure but the last maybe 1/4 inch of the shaft is approximately the...
2
2

Uncut spots with B&D electric lawnmower
My Black and Decker electric lawnmower leaves a lot of uncut spots, or more precisely narrow strips and little round areas. 12 amps. Model 525, the model which preceded the current model 575. The...
5
5

What's a good way to seal joints of plastic drain pipe?
I have several sections of 4 inch corrugated drain pipe that are pieced together with several snap-on T connectors. All of this is above-ground, and the problem is that they are leaking a noticeable...
7
7

Liquid falling in Over the Stove microwave (2023 Update)
Hi, I have a Maytag over the stove microwave. it works great but few weeks back, i saw sticky liquid falling from right side back corner of this mircowave. i cleaned it but saw this sticky liquid...
3
3

who makes this generator ?
do you know who makes this and how is their reputation compared to honda ?
6
6

Threaded rod padding
One place where I go, now and again. There is a vertical, metal ladder. At the top, there is a threaded rod, for a hand hold. The threads cut into my fingers, when I grab on. Someone had wrapped this...
12
12