What is this green bag with a yellow top in my neighbors yard?

It doesn't look very decorative so I think it must serve some other purpose.

Thanks, Shane

Reply to
gore

I've seen that kind of thing. There is a scent that attracts some kind of insect. The dead insects collect in the bag.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe mind you own business and you won't be minding his?

Reply to
Oren

I thought it might be something like that. I wasn't sure if it was a mosquito collector or if it was for a certain kind of bug.

Thanks, Shane

Reply to
gore

That is a Japanese beetle trap.

MikeB

Reply to
BQ340

I thought about that too, but curiosity got the better of me.

Thanks, Shane

Reply to
gore

AH HAH! That might be why I saw a Japanese beetle on the same window I took that picture from.Or, they saw some beetles on their windows and put the bag there.

Thanks, Shane

Reply to
gore

I tried those once - they seemed to attract every Japanese beetle for miles around - I could see them coming across several neighbors' yards. Later read that they aren't effective unless used over a wide area, because they have such an attractant. Enjoy. :o)

Reply to
norminn

Is it a Japanese-beetle trap or a Japanese beetle-trap?

Reply to
Raymond J. Johnson, Jr.

Did it ever cross your mind to walk over to your neighbor and ask him? A hell of a lot easier than asking a whole bunch of strangers on the Usenet.

Reply to
Sanity

Why would he do that? The photo was behind the screen.

The poster could be deathly afraid of his neighbor.

Reply to
Oren

Looks like a Japanese beetle trap.

Reply to
Phisherman

How would Yoko Ono fit in the damn thing?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

HAHA I know some Japanese women wrap their feet up real tight to keep them small. Feet first.

Thanks, Shane

Reply to
gore

se.http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/gore_hound/greenbag.jpg>

A Japanese beetle trap, but they attract them to your yard, so you get more beetles. It should be put far away.

Reply to
ransley

Bake a big ass plate of chocolate chip cookies. Go knock on the door, welcome to the neighborhood. And, by the way, what's that thing on the lawn that looks like a world war two bomb that got dropped from a green and yellow plane?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, d'uh, for lard butt American beetles, you got to use a

33 gal trash can to fit em in.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

No damage done. Once in a while, I get to wondering about things. Lucky me, I'm a repairman, and I get to take stuff apart and see what makes it work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please go ask your neighbor where he bought it, and go buy a couple for your yard. Then, say "Sayonara, beetle".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah, but the bag is just in her memory. It's not life size.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon