What flower is this?

I have googled and flipped many pages of flower books and such...I still ca= nnot find the name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain i= n Virginia, it is very unusual, I'd never seen one before - and apparently = neither had any resources that I've checked.

If you can help, please send me any references or data concerning this plan= t. I send my thanks. Sincerely.

Flower Images:

metalsmutation875

cannot find the name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain in Virginia, it is very unusual, I'd never seen one before - and apparently neither had any resources that I've checked.

I send my thanks.

Looks somewhat like Kerria japonica "pleniforma" (or a mix of the single and double form of Kerria). It's not native to the US, but gets around.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

cannot find the name of this plant. I found it whilst walking in a mountain in Virginia, it is very unusual, I'd never seen one before - and apparently neither had any resources that I've checked.

I send my thanks.

and double form of Kerria). It's not native to the US, but gets around.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

so far as I know, not particularly invasive.

Which reminds me that I really ought to get grub out those now-overshaded privets and plant an informal line of Kerria in its place...

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz