Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Lug nuts
I just got a new car and the wheels do not have lug nuts on them. Do I need to be concerned about the wheels being stolen? Would you live with it the way it is, or pay $45 for four keyed or locking...
58
58

fridge door seal
It's finally subsuming after the renters damage. The seal around the fridge door looks like it just 'glues in place' with stickyback. Is there any special think I need to know other than...

Garbage Disposal Problem
When I turn on my garbage disposal I can hear the motor spin up, and down when I turn it on/off. The turntable with the hammers is not spinning, though. The table plus hammers kind of wobbles around...
5
5

hammer drills
I see some hammer drills with keyless chucks. Hard for me to believe keyless chucks would grip a bit tightly enough to work with it. Are keyless chucks OK with hammer drills???
9
9

Water "Screen Filter" keeps toilet working!
I kept having problems with my toilet not refilling all the way in the bowl. There is a little tube which sends water into the overflow tube when refilling. This opening in the refill valve for this...
2
2

How much foundation for a path is enough?
Hi, I'm going for this look: just had a contractor come and give me an estimate. He insisted that what is required is to dig six inches down and pack the opening with modified stone. I was hoping...
8
8

Fluorescent Not Starting At Initial Turnons ?
Hello, Put up the typical four foot (2 bulb) fluorescent light over my workbench. Bought at HD. Sometimes it takes, literally 3 or 4 tries turning the AC switch on and off before it lights and stays...
30
30

substitute for curtains during the daytime
A friends flat is overlooked by other flats and they want to put up some japanese type opaque paper and also some reflective film ( the type you can look out of, but people looking in only see a...
17
17

Concrete Steps are Done - Thanks Everyone
I posted a few weeks back. I had a redwood deck/steps leading to my front door and I was tired of having to treat it every summer. It was all ripped out, and new concrete was poured and the job was...
13
13

Help With Transformer Install
I have a question that relates to a doorbell install that you folks have been helping me with, along with another transformer install that I have to do for a AC system. The transformer that had been...
6
6

Circular Hole in a Bottle
I wish to cut a round disk out of several wine bottles. The bottle has an etched figure I wish to remove for another purpose. I have a virtually unlimited supply of these bottles and they have no...
21
21

Substitute for outdoor garbage can lid
For once I was went out just an hour after my garbage was collected, and no one was out there, and yet this was the day my lid disappeared. I've waited a week for it to return, but I don't...
24
24

Delmar Blind Repair
Is there a place where I can send Delmar blinds to be repaired? Or, where can I get repair kits? and, how difficult is it to re-string blinds? Thanks Sea Dog
1
1

This group
Is an amazing wealth of knowledge! Just thought I would say that. :-) Usenet is dying, so when it dies, I want to know where you guys end up. I've learned so much from this group. Skunks, trees,...
28
28

Hooking Up Doorbell Via Homerun Closet Need Help
I have a bit of an unusual situation. I wired up my house when I did a remodel to install a key system and an intercom at the front door. As such all I did was run a four pair Cat5e from the doorbell...
5
5