Subject Author Posted Replies

Septic Tank Questions
I'm new to having a septic tank. This is a new house with a new septic system. The TV commercials would have you dumping in theirs products (enzyme stuff) every week or month. Is this good? Is it...
13
13

Harbor Freight vs. Home depot
How does Harbor Freight tools rate compared to Home depot tools ? I am currently looking for a coordless drill driver capable of driving a 3" screw into a 2" x 4" stud. Any recomendations appreciated.
60
60

What the heck is this stuff??
We have inherited my in-laws dining set and I have a question about the seats. The cording on them is not rattan but rather a rolled paper. It doesn't look like an easily performed craft because...
8
8

Extension ladder reach
I have two fairly short stories in a split level house. The highest gutters are approximately 15' above ground level. I know the 4:1 rule for putting up an extension ladder but I'm not sure...
17
17

Sealing the toilet
Some toilets are sealed with silicone after installation, with some gap on the back of the toilet, to let seeping water escape, rather than leak to the lower floor. Does it also serve the purpose of...
6
6

Left handed drill bits
I have a few left handed drill bits. I use thes exclusively for extracting broken bolts. I was wondering if this is the only purpose for which they were intended. Jimmie
19
19

Removing glued carpet
We want to pull up a carpet that has been glued down to a hardwood floor. What is the best way to get it up?
8
8

A bit OT: Best casters to use on night table
Hi all, I'm going to be buying a new nightstand that I plan on fitting with casters (I use a wheelchair for mobility and need to be able to move the table out of the way easily, the floor is...
5
5

OT - Bank of America
Aparently, B of A is changing personality. Just got a letter, that my promotional rate was going up as high possibly as 27%. And that I needed to call the number, and tell them to reject the rate...
89
89

? Repair old cast iron radiator ?
Hi, I have an old cast iron radiator that is leaking between the sections. The joints are cone shaped, male and female, but the sealing takes place at the base of the cone which has a flat area about...
7
7

Franke Little butler Insta hot parts?
I am looking for a source to buy replacement parts for a Franke Little Butler HT-200 insta hot faucet. One of the plastic fittings broke inside the tank. Any help would be appreciated.
1
1

Potentially failing pressure regulator?
I replaced the pressure regulator on my home a little over seven years ago, and installed an expansion tank as well. All has been well since then. About three weeks ago, I noticed that I was getting a...
5
5

Lithium Ion Drill Recommendation
My 12V Dewalt drill is no longer functioning due to the the two Nicad batteries no longer lasting more than 2 minutes after fully charged. I bought some instructions off Ebay on some magical RVD...
25
25

efficiency of +20 year old Weil-Mclain oil boiler P366(HE)?
The boiler with Beckett AF burner was here when I moved in. I assume the HE stands for high efficiency, but what was that 20 years ago? I could keep this boiler going for a long time, but wanted to...
6
6

Hydrostatic transmissions
Just took delivery of my first ever lawn tractor with a hydrostatic transmission. Not being a Lexus I don't expect silence, that said when engaging forward or reverse it's not exactly quiet...
20
20