Subject Author Posted Replies

ripped leather sofa
Good evening, I have a 1.5" rip on the arm of a leather sofa. I don't think any "glue/mend it" will close it completely. I was wondering if a leather patch or something would work. Do you think the As...
3
3

Pergo and Premium Cushion Underlayment??????
We just did one room of Pergo flooring over concrete and used a premium vapor barrier that had a foam-like cushion attached to the plastic sheeting. We were told this is the best way to go as it seals...
2
2

elbows in underground water pipe
Today I saw the town maintenance man repair the elbow in a 2" plastic water pipe, two feet deep in sandy soil. He said water pressure had separated the joint. His solution was a steel stake on either...
12
12

required to bring up to code?
This is more a legal question than a repair question, but I thought someone here would have an opinion. We have some stairs going down to the basement that are definitely not up to code. Treads aren't...
26
26

Parking lot coating - cancer risk
Sealant doesn't stay put on pavements, raising health concerns Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel,...
4
4

Car wash
If I use hot water in my pressure washer and it's 20 degrees out will I crack my car windows?
37
37

finish a basement
How do you do the wall? Just studs and drywall? What of moisture if any? How about the floor, same thing? Studs and flooring? I never did it before.
5
5

Spa GFCI Trips with 120VAC load. What next?
The Background: I had the motor on my 1994 FunSpa go bad on me. I purchased a used one from a local spa dealer. Before I hooked up all the plumbing, I hooked up the electrical wires to it and fired it...
23
23

experience with reinforcing floor joists
My house was built in the 1970s when apparently there was a huge shortage of either lumber or smarts. 2x8 joists, 12" O.C.,14' span 1x3 X bracing in the center of the span 1/2" plywood subfloor nailed...
7
7

Work Shops - Electrical - Home Wiring
l good info for a home owner. Unfortunately I found this a little too late for most servers. 33d I use supernews
6
6

Leak in spa heater
I've got an old Laars Telstar 50,000 BTU spa heater. Just developed a leak in the heat exchanger. The leaks are real easy to see and they are not under much pressure. Just a couple of tiny sprays are...
13
13

standard kitchen cabinet depth
I have made a lot of kitchen cabinets, but I have never decided for sure what standard 24 inch depth means--is it the overall depth of the carcase, or is it the overall depth of the cabinet with...
16
16

Concrete overlay question
Hi everyone! We would like to have polished, stained concrete floors in some rooms where we formerly had carpet. We removed the carpet but still have some remnants of the adhesive that held down the...
10
10

HF 3 Stage Charger - thoughts?
Anybody got any +/- words about this 3 Stage unit. Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to...
26
26

Taping drywall - Third coat of mud
I have applied the second coat of mud over the tape and last night I did a little bit of sanding so smooth things out a bit before adding the last coat. Do I need to wash the dust from the sanding off...
20
20