Subject Author Posted Replies

Electrical wiring problem
I have this room gutted out and was taking a look at what I needed to re-wire. This is a small room that is above the downstairs bedroom and next to the upstairs restroom. When I took the ceiling...
24
24

Kenmore washer mystery - solved
Re: What is the real purpose of the plastic chamber in the drain line of my m/n711.4803g Kenmore washer? lp1331 responded that it's a lint filter. Today I found the manual with parts list and exploded...
6
6

Conduit size - Doug was right
I replaced my breaker panel over the weekend and replaced the SE cable with 2" conduit and 2/0 copper. I have a 2' run down from the meter pan, then an LB, then a long sweep 90 into the panel. Sounds...
2
2

Recommendation for Free-Standing Whole-House Humidifier
The shape, size, and location of our HVAC system will not permit the installation of an add-on humidifer. Can anyone recommend a good quality and reliable free-standing humidifer that would adequately...
7
7

"Brick by brick, American business loses edge"
On Feb 16, 1:29=A0am, Mike further ....... An awful long article about a $250,000 sub contract? And if the 'brick facing' material is just part of that cost, say 60% for example, that's around...
8
8

pine plank flooring
I am thinking of putting down pine plank flooring throughout the living room instead of carpet. I was just at a friends house who had it done 20 years ago, and the flooring looks incredible. It seems...
6
6

height requirements for outlets in garages
I am finishing my garage and rerunning my electrical outlets because most of them were run and just nailed to the side of the top plates of the walls. I'm assuming that a previouus owner installed...
17
17

Tree carving
Plus interview with lady named Wood Video
4
4

which floor finish is better?
Hi, I got two comparable quotes for floors in my house. My house is a 70 year old colonial with antique red oak floors. There is one big difference. One company uses 1 coat of Emulsion followed by 3...
2
2

Old water heaters.
The question came up a while back about how long a water heater lasts. Out of curiosity I checked the date code on the GSW (gas) water heater I installed shortly after we bought this house in 1982,...
13
13

Trap Door from living room into basement
Hi, I have been searching all over the internet to find a design for a trap door. My basement/crawlspace is only 5'10" high. I was not allowed by the township to have a full basement ( I live in a...
21
21

Relay on a boiler
Can I buy just the relay component or do I have to replace the whole honeywell box on my boiler? Sometimes when the heat wants to go on it keeps switching on and off very quickly just as the burners...
6
6

fan control
Hi, I can't figure out what the white plastic grill-looking part is for: someone please shed light on that? Thanks in advance, Sam
3
3

Plumbing with Cinnamon
I was installing a bathroom sink drain assembly recently. Due to the sink material, I couldn't use putty under the drain flange. I didn't feel like using silicone under it, partly because any leak...
7
7

measure average power use of a refrigerator?
Is there a device to measure electrical usage over a span of about a day, and plot a graph of power use versus time? If it can transfer logged data to a computer that would be even better. I want to...
1
1