14 X 12 Master Bed too small for King bed?

Page 1 of 2
We almost decided to buy this townhome but I am giving second thoughts because the Master bedroom is very small. We have a King Bed, 2 night stands and a small dresser in our rental apartment. I am wondering how I can fit all of this in a 14 X 12 room.
In 14 X 12 room there is a window on one of the shorter walls and there are bath & Walk in closet on the opp side wall. I cannot imagine how i can fit in all the furniture and still leave room for traffic flow.
Any ideas?
Thanks, SK

Yeah. There's this thing called a tape measure. You use it to measure things. Get some blue painter's tape and lay out the shapes of all your stuff by putting the blue tape on the floor. Then, use your imagination, if any.

Frank

Yeah, but if the OP can't get as far as a tape measure without help, imagine him/her trying to figure out where to buy graph paper!

think that all modern solutions are just found by asking on the web ;( Frank

Unfortunately, for many people, merely *thinking* seems impossible without the web. It's a crutch for those who never heard the word "resourceful", and I think it's pathetic.
One of my favorite posts, from a food newsgroup:
Subject line: Lasagna Message: Can I make it at home? How?
That's it. No clue as to whether it wanted to make the lasagna noodles, or the fully assembled dish. No clue as to whether it had ever looked at the back of a box of lasagna at the store, all of which have recipes.
Oh come on, the best people are the ones that think the web is just in their town, "how much is my 1400 sq. ft. rancher worth?" it went on after that but never said what part of the world it was in.

Or, the ones in gardening groups: It's hot here. What should I plant? :-) No clue as to where "here" might be.

Hummmm unfortunately....wait before I continue please holster your guns. This problem is prevalent in the states. I constantly run into commercial sites that are trying to peddle their wares. Many have what I am actually looking for but they don't even give a clue on their currency, never mind where they actually are. A Canadian site will clearly state prices in CDN, the UK in Pounds, Europe in Euros etc....The web is world wide, it is not bordered by the Atlantic, Pacific, Canada and Mexico!
Now stop asking questions about your pool filters and BBQs, for heaven's sake I'm still trying to shovel my way out of the front door!!!
Montreal! Canada

Wow, You guys got snow???? I was siding my house yesterday in my T-shirt. No snow here. Edmonton.

Yea, a piece of 12' x 14' graph paper at that.

Well, after all the rigamarole of painter's tape and outline figures, he's still got to use his imagination? What good is your fancy method then?
It would of course be wonderful if in life we could draw a few figures and decide everything. I imagine however, that in the 3D world of the OP, a few lines on the floor wouldn't be any indication of how much shoulder room, walking room, etc. would be needed and how airy the room would be with that furniture. So it would be appropriate to ask other people for their experience. I mean, if you've heard of painter's tape, half the rest of the world probably has too.
Personally, if I liked the house otherwise and the king bed turned out to the too big, I'd get another bed.

What you could do is get a king size bed with drawers under it. They are a big room saver.
Brian
What traffic flow? I have a king in a room just slightly smaller than yours. No problems. three dressers and a chair.
--
Steve Barker

"SK" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

How much traffic do you get in the bedroom? Better question, why?

Getting up and going to the bathroom.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

For that, you need a traffic light at the end of the bed. What if both people have to go at the same time?
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 00:39:14 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

A friend with a townhouse, 2 baths upstairs, a powder room on the first floor and another one in the basement, had a wife and two daughters, about 3 and 4 years old.
They decided to buy a bigger house, and the one they picked had 3 bathrooms.
Said the worried 4-year old, "What will we do if we all have to go at once?"
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:34:29 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

If you do this often, you need a prostate examination. Of course, this may lead to an irrational fear of disposable vinyl gloves.
I suggest looking for a different house.

Photo shoots Edwin, photo shoots.