Subject Author Posted Replies

Electronic stove ignition
I have a Peerless-Premier 24" compact propane stove in which the electronic burner/oven ignition is inoperative. Looks like wires from on/off valve knobs and to spark thingies between the burners....
2
2

Window Air
Do they make a window air conditioner that doesn't let all the little nit flies through it? I have no leaks around the sides, top or bottom. I also have the space between the sashes covered. The only...
4
4

water dispenser
Whirlpool refrigerator. Fridge, freezer, ice maker all work well, but water dispenser water isn't cold. Any ideas? Thanks.
5
5

stop & waste valves, globe-type valves, and pressure regulator valves
I'm considering installing a water-powered sump pump, and the instructions include: Pipeline restrictions Pump should be teed-in before any devices that restrict water flow. Examples of such devices...
3
3

auto-changeover propane regulator
Are there auto-changeover propane regulators (or separate auto-changeover devices) for fixed (2x 1000 gallon) tanks? The propane company putting in my tanks had not heard of this, and Google searches...
11
11

Tiny bees
I have these little blackish bees in the outside of the house, I guess maybe 6mm long or so. I think they must be pretty common because I've seen them so many places before. They get into the little...
8
8

Lawn Maintenance
Lawn Maintenance is an essential part of home improvement, if you property looks bad, your home looks bad. We have been compiling articles about proper lawn maintenance & landscaping - and we would...
16
16

How to cut two 2 1/4" holes in vinyl soffit?
I need to cut two 2 1/4" holes in a vinyl vent type soffit. The holes will be next to each other for 2" PVC pipe to run through. The soffit vent material is not flat. It's flat for a few inches then...
21
21

OT - Mousetrap improvement
Not my idea, but wish it was.
29
29

Painting question
On new drywall & wood trim can i just paint with good quality paint or do i have to Prime first ?
20
20

Reasonable Cost?
I recently had a small job done by a plumber, and I'm wondering if I got a bargain, paid a typical price for this task, or was overcharged. This is in the greater Los Angeles area. I'd appreciate some...
41
41

mower runs for a couple of minutes only
I have a Scotts Turf Vac3 mower. A while ago, I noticed that occasionally it wouldn't start when hot. Now, the problem is very severe. When I start the engine the first time (when the engine is cold),...
35
35

Yet another concrete question
I want to pour some Sonotube bases for a metal awning. They will sit directly on caliche, hence no digging of footer holes to insert said Sonotubes into, just cut to length, and fill and use the...
31
31

Vintage 1970s black scuba fins smear oily rubber in the pool
My kid wants to use my dad's vintage US Divers circa 1970's black scuba fins in the pool but I won't let him until we solve the problem of the oily rubber coming off in our hands. We bought new straps...
51
51

Looking for concrete recipe (ratios by weight not volume)
I'm looking for a concrete recipe that specifies the components (cement, sand, stone) in terms of weight - not volume. It's easier to pre-weigh the components instead of eye-balling them in a...
13
13