Subject Author Posted Replies

installing new toilet over slab
Should I go above the slab with a raised platform or jack hammer out a space to put level with top of foundation slab? I'm going to have to go out through a cinderblock wall if it's above the level of...
6
6

Installing Gas Range
Installation of a gas range requires running a new gas line from the basement utility room to the kitchen, a total of about ten feet. The installation instructions indicate either a 1/2 or 3/4-inch...
14
14

Bona Polyurethane Wood Floor Finish
Has anyone reading this used this Bona? Is it worth the high price? I'd welcome any good experiences or cautionary tales regarding the hardwood floor finishes that are sold by Lowes and Home Depot.
7
7

Brake job on Craftsman Tractor
Subject: 1997 Craftsman garden tractor. 18 horse Kohler engine. Model 917.251492 This beast needs a brake job and it looks to be a real bitch to get to the transaxle housing mounted rotor and pads. It...
10
10

Looking for electric outlet
I want an outlet that i can attach romex to that has blades sticking out. I found this kit but it costs $50.00 If i find the receptcal i can make it myself. I need it to power an LCD TV Where can i...
6
6

Mixer motor suggestions
I bought an old cement mixer. About 24" in diameter, about 24" deep. Old, old, old. Has new big pulley on the end of shaft, and motor plate. What horsepower would you recommend so as to handle a good...
10
10

sound proofing 2x4 existing interior wall
What would be more effective: Another layer of dryall and green glue or acousti-seal on 1 side or filling the wall with cellulose? Studs are NOT offset. Thanks
9
9

Bug Bombs--Killing Insects in the Garage
I'd like to clobber the insects in our garage. I did this several years ago with some bug bombs, and it worked pretty well; however, I was a bit concerned about the pilot light in the water heater,...
24
24

What is difference between Industrial/construction RTV Silicone and Big Box Silicone Rubber
I am installing some thermopane style glass to replace 25 year-old thermopane glass that had lost itsr seals and become cloudy. The glass company where I had the windows fabricated gave me a caulking...
4
4

1954 Alum. Picture Window
Little brick bungalow in midwest US, built in 1954. Double-pane aluminum windows, in pretty decent shape. All but the big picture window are kinda ordinary, stare at one for a while and you can see...
16
16

frigidaire dishwasher lights blinking
I have a frigidaire dishwasher gld2445. The cycle lights blink on and off. When I try to start it, the cycle runs for about 5 minutes then shuts off and cycle lights blink again. I'd appreciate any...
4
4

What's This Patio Door Part?
I am replacing the rollers in my patio door. To do this I must remove the bottom part of the door. When I did, this part fell out, but I can't figure out where it goes. 's a half-inch diameter Any...
25
25

How to block UV from PEX
Anyone have recommendations on how to block UV light from the PEX tubing in my basement? All PEX runs are bundled and run just under the ceiling joists, but I have three large windows that let in...
21
21

World's Largest Treehouse
No plans, but plenty of pictures. Definitely not a week-end project.
10
10

How Much Concrete Can A Pickup Carry? (2023 Update)
Hi All, My Dad is loaning me his 1989 Dodge Ram, the sports model so it is not a huge truck, to haul concrete and posts, etc. for a new vinyl gate and fence. I just finished gating in one end of my...
58
58