Subject Author Posted Replies

New toilet
Anybody tried those new water saver toilets the one with a piss button and a shit button?
4
4

Toilet Shims - Hard or Soft
I have seen plumbers use pennys on vinyl so I'd guess hard for vinyl. Was there shims previously? I've never had a use for them myself. The one toilet I had that rocked a little on tile I took a hand...
3
3

Honeywell VisionPro Thermostat Question
I've got a curiousity question regarding the Honeywell VisionPro thermostats. When you set them up, you have to select the type of system. And you also have to set the number of cycles per hour. They...
9
9

Beeping can't find the reason
I have something that is beeping at me exactly every two minutes. I have ruled out the usual suspects of smoke alarms, the microwave. And even some stranger ones like my cell phones, oven timers, etc....
51
51

Follow-up on chimney sweeping.
When we last saw our hero, the chimney sweep had just left his house, telling him that he couldn't clean the chimney attached to his oil furnace because "it's too dirty". He said it would ruin his...
2
2

Somewhat OT - Ceramic Knives
It's still a home issue which is why it's somewhat OT. Anyway, anyone purchase the newer ceramic knives which are on the market? Are they all what they claim to be? I'm having trouble determining the...
33
33

Playing the Building by David Byrne
Just ran across this and wanted to share it. From Wikipedia's article on David Byrne: In 2008, Byrne and his production team programmed the Battery Maritime Building, a 99-year-old ferry terminal in...
14
14

OT Mexico v. Arizona - with help
I apologize for off topic, but from what I have observed about many of the people who frequent this NG, I thought it would be of interest to several of you . Bob Please take a couple minutes to at...
18
18

OT: Photos from Hubble
I figured quite a few of the civilized hombres on this NG would appreciate these pix. Scrolling through them, I experienced accelerated heartbeat at the sheer glory and majesty of Nature. Hubble...
2
2

Can't ID Tubular Thing
Does anyone know what the thing pictured in the link might be? Album Archive
17
17

leaking p-trap joint
The P-trap under my kitchen sink disintegrated the day after Christmas. Simple DIY repair. No big deal. I replaced the metal trap with a PVC trap, figuring it wouldn't rust out or leak ever again... I...
11
11

OT -- flu shots
I get mine every year. Never had a problem. I think some people are more susceptible than most. I haven't had pneumonia since I was a kid. I've lived in Michigan for over 30 years and I don't even...
18
18

Hot water
If my boiler water is 200 degrees isn't my domestic water off the coil also 200 degrees? I've seen hotter water from an electric tank at 120 degrees, or seems so.
7
7

OT, One Of My Heroes Is Gone
A national hero RIP. Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health and lifestyle, combined with...
8
8

Anybody seen anything like this before?
The way I cut =BD=94 flexible steel conduit is I first crack it like a crab at the point I want to cut and when it separates I cut it with side cutters. A while back I had taken out about ten feet of...
5
5