Subject Author Posted Replies

FS: Dell Optiplex 745 Desktop PC
Hi, C2D 2,4GHz cpu(dual core E6500), 2GB memory at 1066 FSB,FDD, 1TB HDD, Dual layer DVD burner(both SATA), 1GB Ethernet, Loaded Windows XP Pro SP3 with COA sticker. MS office. Mouse and KB. Just hook...
2
2

Repairing a Xantrex 600HD Powerpack--The Tricky Handle
My battery is pretty well shot, but when I contacted Xantrex tech last week, the tech said it could be taken apart. It's all in a nice orange enclosure with a handle, light, radio, and so on. He said...
1
1

Housecleaning for men - Air compressor!
What great ideas. I was looking for an excuse to buy an auto-retracting air hose to mount below the porch and now I have it. Tell me more about the air powered gutter cleaning wand. Home brew or COTS?...
12
12

OT Disputing medicine charges
I take Ambien to sleep. When I first started taking it, the generic form caused me to sleep walk. So the doctor changed my prescription to Ambien CR (which is timed released). The timed release...
64
64

Putting electrical outlets in stone/masonry walls
I am planning a complete rewiring of a house that I own,. and I am trying to figure out how to place the new interior outlets in the existing exterior walls that are made of stone/masonry. I...
28
28

OT: OBDII software and Ready State Monitor
I posted a while back about OBDII to USB adaptors and have acquired one. I like it but the software does display which ready state monitors are not set. What kind of software does it take to display...
8
8

Routing T&P relief valve pipe of water heater into sump pit
My water heater has a 3/4" copper pipe from the T&P valve extending down about 8" from the floor. I have a sump pit about 5 feet to the left. I wanted to somehow route this discharge pipe into the pit...
19
19

What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog?
What works as well as DOW scrubbing bubbles, but doesn't clog? This is my second big can of Dow scrubbing bubbles bathtub cleaner that has clogged when almost full. I'm not crazy about the smell and I...
13
13

Pex pipe and fitting attachment
Just found out that I have going to need to replace a couple of short pipe runs. The destruction involved using conventional materials makes fishable pex look like the better choice. Those sharbites...
7
7

"waffle" pavers?
Anyone know what I'm talking about? Concrete pavers that look like a waffle, or something open... you can set them in your yard to make a walkway that doesn't get too muddy, but grass still grows up...
18
18

Replace calking
The videos on the web make it look very easy. All you need is a steady hand. My problem is that I don't have a steady hand. (Want a laugh? You should watch me eat with a fork) I saw this tip on the...
4
4

Electrozone Valves - Keep or Replace?
I have a 25 year old Burnham boiler (hot water system) with 3/4" piping and Electrozone zone valves (3 valves). It's my understanding that parts are no longer available for my zone valve system. So...
7
7

Disc tray won't open
Sharp Mini Component System (model CD-C420) When I press the OPEN/CLOSE button, the disc tray doesn't open. How can I open the tray?
7
7

OT, Little Moos
Want to play oneupmanship with your neighbors? Get a lap-cow or house-cow. Freak out that nosy neighbor with little bovines ruminating in your back yard. ^_^ We help you acquire the perfect domain for...
3
3

Cutting one granite tile
I'm building a small granite tile (~ quarter inch thick) counter top and need to cut just one (18") tile. I'd rather not rent a tile saw for this. Suggestions? I don't mind this taking some extra...
7
7