1/4" brick over wall in kitchen

I am looking for a way to get this brick off the wall in my kitchen. Chisel and a hammer could take for ever. Any suggestions would work.

Reply to
eggert28

its only adhered as well as the base material. if its adhered to say drywall it will come off easy.

i removed a lot from plaster once with a pinch bar although we tore out the wall afterwards.

try hitting some with a hammer the glue might fail

Reply to
hallerb

How old is the house? Mine's 200+, and our kitchen also has a brick wall. It was common at that time to use brick and mortar between the studs. Our whole first floor is built that way. The previous owner removed the plaster from one wall in the kitchen and stripped it back to the studs/bricks. If I were to remove that, there'd be nothing but the sheathing and clapboards on that wall, plus no studs to hold up the second floor. I could remove just the bricks (had to do that in one room when I replaced the sill plate), but then I'd need to fill up or at least cover the space with drywall or something. If your wall is purely decorative, are you sure it's real bricks and not just a laminate or 1/2" brick facing? The age of the house should answer that question.

Hilary

Reply to
hilary

I thought he wanted to remove fake brick from his kitchen wall. It looks mice but is near impossible to keep clean:(

Fake brick comes off easy but isnt reusable

Reply to
hallerb