Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower

Page 2 of 2
do snipped-for-privacy@do.com wrote:

It means he can't "take it back to the store". It means that finding a warranty center and/or shipping it somewhere may be more trouble than fixing it himself.
--
Art

Art wrote:

I guess it's a good point. Another reason NOT to buy large ticket items via the internet.

Very good Art. You are right. Too much trouble.
I replaced the belt and it is ok for now. I suppose if I made an attempt, that Amazon would hook me up with some guy in Houston that would handle the warranty. But that's a lot of trouble and I actually like to fiddle with stuff like that. Just like my HDTV I ordered online, the sale notice said they do NOT accept returns.
However, I have window air conditioner that I paid nearly $250 for that is noisy and had been damaged and repaired when I received it from J&R company. I paid extra to get the 'ultra quiet' and they sent me the 'ultra noisy' one. Bastards!. Again, the trouble you have to go thru to return or get an item fixed sucks. That's why I try to buy locally even if I have to pay sales tax and sometimes 10 % more.
The break was jagged and the belt number has changed since the manual was written. I think they went to a heavier duty belt.
Now to find a source for wheels before they change the design....
.
b&s intek engine .goverener quit working ..why ?

[top-posting fixed]
larry said:

Probably because you top-post, and hijack threads.
--

Eggs

If James Bond was an Amish spy, he would drink buttermilk. Shaken not
On 10/6/2007 5:08 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:

You always seem to give me a grin, Eggs. Ever since I upgraded to TB2 my Usenet viewing is restricted to three vertical panes until I hide the folder pane. As a result the subject and sender columns (among others) get truncated. Here is what I saw:
        Re: Yard-Ma... larry 10/5/...          Re: Yard-... Eggs... 5:08 ...
And you know, somehow I knew it was about changing subjects (and not changing sigs).
Thanks for the grin. I needed that today. :-)
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but
On 10/6/2007 4:43 PM, xPosTech wrote:

Sumpin else that just hit me after lookin' at another group. I don't guess we can do anything about whole newsGROUPS gettin' hijacked. I think that's where most of the top posts come from. :-( No joy from GG.
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but
xPosTech said:

Just killfile G2 by default, then upscore the few that are worth reading. Works here, without a hitch.
--

Eggs

-Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he