What is a good dethatcher to buy?

What brand is a good dethatcher to buy?
Hire someone to do it. When we had it done, it took them hours to do it... only costs about 100$. Bermuda grass that had several inches of thatch

Nicole wrote:

Anothe alternative is to rent one for a half day for about $60. Given that you only need to do this occasionally, if at all, depending on the grass and conditions, I think that makes more sense than buying one. No maintenance headaches or need to find a place to store it, etc
The reason I want to buy one as we have been dethatching occasionally commercially and have not purchased one yet as we have been renting one and doing several yards at a time in order to make it pay. We have enough customers that request this so we are looking an buying one instead of renting.

Buy whatever brand your rental store is renting. That pretty much guarantees it will hold up to commercial use. Likely to also have local parts and support.
JMJ wrote:

--
Art

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:46:28 -0500, JMJ wrote:

I really like the BlueBird brand the most. I rent thatchers 2 to 4 times a year and have used a few different ones. The BlueBirds have an easy ground adjustment and the honda motors run real nice.
--
http://resources.ywgc.com /