weeping tile

Hi. I am having a trench dug tomorrow morning for a weeping tile around my cottage. A buddy told me last night that I should put some clear gravel in the trench, then the weeping tile with a layer of landscaping cloth over it before covering with more gravel and finally earth. Has anyone heard of using landscaping cloth like this? The logic is that it will prevent the holes in the weeping tile from getting clogged up but I wonder if it could somehow have the opposite affect over time.
Any comments are welcome.
thanks
tony wrote:

some pipes come with this fabric pre installed surrounding the pipes so it must be a good idea or they would'nt make them that way.