Voles - how to get rid of them

Last yr I had a mole problem, traps fixed that problem. This yr it's voles, I have tons of small little holes next to my house and in my small garden. Anyone know the most effective way of getting rid of them? I have been dropping poison pellets down the holes outside of my fence but I have a dog in my back yard and don't want to put poison anywhere back there. Luckily they aren't affecting my garden much but I have to till every couple days because when I water the plants all the water goes down into the vole holes which seems to drain in China.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Reply to
p-nut

A. Did you actually *see* one, to know that it's *for sure* a vole?

B. Rather than traps or bait, perhaps removing the reason that they want to be in your yard in the first place, would be the way to go? (Get a positive ID, and find out what they feed on.)

"Small little holes" could be any number of things, from moles/voles to cicada emerging, to chipmunks, etc.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
Peter Pan