Troybilt string trimmer

My old HomeLite trimmer had a problem I couldn't fix so I purchased a new trimmer, a TroyBilt, from Lowe's. It actually looked like a scaled down version of the HomeLite. It turns out that TroyBilt bought out the support buisness from HomeLite.
The new TroyBilt wouldn't start. So I called support and spoke with a terribly nasty and incompetent woman. She wanted to know what kind of oil I mixed into the gas. I responded it was the little bottle that was in the box the TroyBilt came in. She didn't know what that was so I asked what did you ship? What's on the parts list? She didn't know and couldn't help me. CLICK.
I throught good money after bad and bought the electric start option. I got the trimmer started. It is so loud that I must buy earmuffs to cut down the sound.
Note: TroyBilt tools are not returnable to the store.

Under normal circumstances they are not, but the Lowes store manager can make exceptions if you forcefully bitch to him about crappy murchandise that they carry.

That's funny, I have not had a bit of trouble with mine which is about 5 years old. I always use eye and ear protection when using any motorized garden tool. Next time I go to Lowes, I'll have to ask about return policy. I do understand that HD's is good.
"Stubby" wrote in message
My old HomeLite trimmer had a problem I couldn't fix so I purchased a new trimmer, a TroyBilt, from Lowe's. It actually looked like a scaled down version of the HomeLite. It turns out that TroyBilt bought out the support buisness from HomeLite.
The new TroyBilt wouldn't start. So I called support and spoke with a terribly nasty and incompetent woman. She wanted to know what kind of oil I mixed into the gas. I responded it was the little bottle that was in the box the TroyBilt came in. She didn't know what that was so I asked what did you ship? What's on the parts list? She didn't know and couldn't help me. CLICK.
I throught good money after bad and bought the electric start option. I got the trimmer started. It is so loud that I must buy earmuffs to cut down the sound.
Note: TroyBilt tools are not returnable to the store.
Troybilt, Ryobi, and a bunch of other 'brands' that use MTD parts are pure shit.
They don't last for shit, getting parts is a pain in the ass, and they rarely honor their warranty.
My 7 year old Craftsman just died. I was going to replace it, but it seems Craftsman trimmers are getting some terrible reviews, one of which comes straight from a Sears repair guy.
Fortunately I don't need one for a few weeks, so I have time to try and find a good one.
CS