Tree Root Problem

Page 2 of 2

cover wrote:

it is totally dull. That happens even if the dirt is dug out fairly well. All it takes is a momentary touch to kill the blade.
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:05:34 -0400, Stubby

Yeah, I was thinking about that one too where my chainsaw is concerned. Another killer incidentally is railroad ties. :-) I was thinking about using an axe (though they can be spooky devils to work with).
cover wrote:

If you have a sawzall, you can buy a pruning blade for about $6. They are about 12-15" long and will go through dirt and roots like butter. I used one to cut the roots off a stump so I could pull it up and it was the easiest stump I have ever removed.
--
Art

What does one of these trenchers do when they encounter roots, Ron? (kick up, cut through ???) thanks
cover wrote:

You'll see some wood chips in the dirt it spits out. Other than that you don't even notice there's a root there.
--
Art

Guess it depends on size of root, and how sharp your trencher is. I cut through allot of roots, except for some big ones. Some knotted up roots it will not get through. I used the walk behind. Maybe the one you sit on has less of a problem.
--
remove one of the @'s unless you are a spammer.