Strange grass growth

Hi all,
Please can you help, my grass appears to be growing faster along the route of my underground drain!? It also grows faster along the route of my neighbours drain across my garden.
There is no smell or symptoms to suggest a collapsed drain that's leaking.
Ill try and upload a photo.
Matt
--
Smithy86

On Friday, October 12, 2012 5:15:05 PM UTC-4, Smithy86 wrote:

Wonder if the ground is warmer over drains.
On 10/12/2012 4:06 PM, Smithy86 wrote:

The only guess I can come up with is: the presence of an impermeable object (the drain) causes the soil in the immediate area to retain more water, because the drain, unlike soil, doesn't allow moisture to pass through. So perhaps just enough more water accumulates/is retained in the immediate vicinity of the drain to enable the grass roots in that area to benefit from that additional bit of water.
I've seen that with pavers that have sunk below grade, and have had the grass grow over them. In prolonged dry spells that section of grass will brown out sooner, but during periods of normal rainfall the paver holds some of the water at root level longer, and the grass grows thicker and faster over it as a result.

Some other possibilities:
The drain was put in later and backfilled with better topsoil.
The rest of the lawn is highly compacted and the drain area is not.
The drain was put in later and the area re-seeded with a different grass.
He could try fertilizing the whole lawn too, as that might even out the growth rate, ie make the slower growing grass grow faster. But it's only going to be temporary.