Someone was asking about weedeater attachments...

It drove me nuts at the time that I couldn't remember the name, but I just saw the commercial again.
It's called the Grass Samurai. http://www.grasssamurai.com/custompage.asp?page=1
I'd be interested to know how it works.
Here's what threw me off: "If your cutting swords ever wear out, we'll send you replacements...FREE."
But they include 24 of them in the kit. So if they don't wear out, wouldn't I just need 3? :)
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 00:36:01 +0000, wrote:

Ummm, 'cause it's crap..? I wouldn't dare buy something like this due to the lack of customers' ability to purchase the re-fills in some local manner. I would suspect that the "free replacements" really arn't free. They'll tag on some crazy shipping/handeling fee to make up the difference.
I would suggest that you look for a fixed head for your trimmer. You should be able to find a fixed head for most all trimmer makers. A fixed head with .155 string will last a home owner user for a long time. Reloading is very easy and the .155 string is cheap also. Good luck.
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

I bought one for my Homelite gas trimmer in Lowes a week ago. Same loading principle as the Samurai, but uses regular trimmer line and only has two blades. Says it holds .080 to .105 diameter line. I have a roll of trimmer line that I can cut into 8" pieces for replacements. Arnold "KwikLoader". $20. Claims to fit most major brand trimmers. Has a load of extra adapters, bolts, and nuts for different brands.
--
Bill

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:01:59 -0400, willshak wrote:

The KwikLoader company makes the Samurai. Look at the bottom of the Samurai web page.
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://www.ywgc.com

I saw that, but this head's package said "Arnold" as the manufacturer and KwikLoader as the brand name. I Googled a lot of combinations and could not find neither an Arnold site nor a KwikLoader site. On one store page I saw the Kwikloader I have with the name 'Oregon' as the manufacturer. It could be the same but I didn't want to take a chance and assume it was the same manufacturer. The one in Lowes says Arnold.
--
Bill

willshak Wrote:

I'd seen the TV Ad also & thought it seemed a little too good to b true. However after fighting with the spool on my trimmer three time yesterday & having it "break" (need a part or two) I decided I'd giv one a try. Coincidently, I found it for sale at Home Depot. [BTW it's made by Kwik Products, Inc. - not KwikLoader]. Pretty simpl install & it works great. It was cheaper at Home Depot than on TV, bu only came with 6 "blades" instead of 24. Also didn't have the "free replacement blade offer. The "fine print" in the TV ad says there's ~$9.95 S/H charge for them, so not too free (and I don't remember if i said how many were included). Their site offers 100 refill blades fo $24.95. I didn't notice if Home Depot sells refills for this unit, bu I'll check next time I'm in.
I think the solution mentioned of getting heavy replacement line cutting your own replacements seems like the least expensive way to g 'cause $25 for just 60" of line cut to 6'' pieces is a bit much!
Hope this helps
-- Speedo123
Speedo123 Wrote:

After writing the above post reply, I got to thinking about what migh work in this head. I tried some of my old line (2.4mm vs 3.4mm for th "blades") and found that it was held in place fine. I think the heavie line will last longer, but this will enable me to use up the line already have. An unexpected bene
-- Speedo123

That's what I need. I have the kind where you have to bend the piece of line into a U shape, thread it through, then bend each have back again and out another hole. So that each single piece of line gives you two lines sticking out. It's a pain, especially since you have to dig all the grass out to get to the holes.
With this Kikloader, how does it "grab" the string to keep it in place?
On 7/22/2005 8:47 PM US(ET), Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

similar to a nylon tie. To insert a new blade, you push it in the hole from the outside of the head. To remove the blade after it has worn down, you pull it through the center of the head. It takes less than 10 seconds to change blades, and that includes the time to take the new blades out of your pocket and put the worn ones in your pocket (unless you just throw them on the lawn)..
--
Bill

Thanks! I didn't ask, but I was looking for this
-- The Newmaniu
'Conservative Consortium . Com >> The connection for Republicans an
Conservatives >> Join today!!!' (http://www.conservativeconsortium.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- The Newmanium's Profile: http://www.homeplot.com/member.php?userid=4 View this thread: http://www.homeplot.com/showthread.php?tV22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:28:27 -0400, The Newmanium

LOL a consortium of three registered users.... Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold