Shady Lawn

Well I recently bought a house and this spring I layed down new grass seed and soil on top of it and it took off great, bery thick and green. Even the neighbors were comminting on it and now its dead. The area in question is about 10*25 and 98% in the shade. the rest of the yard is 75% shade and stayed looking a lot better still not great though. What kind of seed do you recomend I get for it to take and stay green and thick. I have tried everything. I am in Kansas so we have hot summers and cold winters.

TIA

Reply to
Steve

I've had good results with Jonathon Green Dense Shade Mix. If it's really 98% shade, like a north side of a house with trees, etc, you may have to use alternatives, like ground cover. You should also consider possibilities of reducing some of the shade, eg thinning out or removing some trees, which will help a lot.

For dense shade areas with deciduious trees, I would not re-seed again until next Spring. In fall, with leaves on limiting light, then falling, etc, it doesn't work in Fall.

Reply to
trader4