Recommendations for a good granular fungus control

I'm in Central Texas and think what I'm seeing is fungus problems. Essentially, blades are turning yellow, the area thins, then dies. This is in both well watered and dryer areas as well as full sun, medium shade areas. I've heard of grey leaf spot, but am not really seeing the tell-tale spots.

A friend says she used to use a granular solution that solved the problem, but another friend who knows alot more about these things then I ever will, says the only solution he knows of is only for brown patch.

Bottom line: I just want the entire lawn to look as lush and green as large parts do.

Any recommendations? Suggestions on where to get it and approximate costs?

Damian

Reply to
Damian

Sure it ain't bugs, Texas? Sink a spade in the ground at the edge of the dead spots and pry back and see if there are grubs there. Try a few spots before you rush out to start spraying every and anything.

Reply to
Garden Viking

Greenlight FungAway is the best for Texas.

Also. treat for grubs!

Reply to
Latosha Washington

Is it possible that you have chinch bugs instead of fungus? I live in East Texas, and they are very common here. It's a little early for them, but I suggest checking for them before you decide on fungus. To do so, remove both ends of a metal coffee can, pound that about three inches into the ground and pour water into it (some sources say to use soapy water). Watch to see if any little bugs float to the surface. If they do, you may have chinch bugs. Here is a link with description:

MaryL

Chinch bug will take a nice lawn down to the point of needing slice-seed repair, if left un-treated for two or three weeks here in Ohio during the summer.

Reply to
Steveo

I'm quite certain it is not chinch bugs as I know what they look like and have seen nothing that looks like one. And I think you're right, it is early for them.

Reply to
Damian