Re: Weeping Willow Tree problem

"Dave" wrote on 27 Apr 2008 in group alt.home.lawn.garden:

About 2 years ago I planted the wife a Weeping Willow tree. > This year I noticed that branches are growing around the middle > branch with leaves. The middle trunk looks dead. There no leaves > showing on any of the off the branches from the uppper trunk?? Do I > cut these deal branches off, I mean from the middle branch on up > about 3' no leaves and looks dead. Lets see if these pictures come > up.

Scrape a little bark off the end of the branch you think is dead. If the tissue underneath is moist and green, the branch is still alive. Leave it alone for a while to see if it comes back. If it's dry, cut the dead part off. Don't scrape off much bark or you'll cause more trouble.

Reply to
Steve

How can it be dead from the top half? Will the whole tree die? I will do as you suggest tomorrow. Thanks

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" wrote on 27 Apr 2008 in group alt.home.lawn.garden:

Sometimes a branch will just spontaneously die. Trees are funny that way. There's always a reason, but how much time and money do you want to spend to find out the root cause, especially when the treatment is always to cut it off to save the rest of the tree.

Reply to
Steve