Soil testing for toxins

Anyone ever had their soil tested for toxins? I live in the ghetto and would really like to know whats in my soil before I would eat anything that came from it. I cleared a bed just for some flowers, it was about 3x10 and you wouldn't believe all the crap I found.

Anyway, google revealed several soil testing services for nutrient content, but couldn't find anything related to test that included toxins. I guess I'm just curious if anyone is aware of anything?

Reply to
Daniel Shryock

I have never done it, but I did look at the price list that our state university extension office offers. It can get kind of expensive to have all of the tests done, but could be worth it. I have an area that was the incinerator for many years. Although I have not planted edibles there, shrubs and flowering plants did not do well for many years. I have hauled in new soil as I can, and it is better. Back to your original question, check with your agricultural college or your department of agriculture for your area. Should be able to find a soil testing agency that can do toxic testing.

Good luck Dale P

Reply to
Dale P