Re: Mulching Push Mower Recommendations ( Specifically Toro 20033 vs John Deere JS60H )

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:23:18 -0600, "RoyDMercer"

I'll second the comment about Crapsman. :) I've had one for about three years now - runs great, bags well, mulches for crap. I knew when I bought it I should dump another couple hundred into a better system. I'm out today looking at snappers and hondas. Hence my reading mower threads today. :)
I second the comments made by Michael regarding the Hondas. I've had a Harmony 215 for 5 years now and I love it. Usually starts on the first pull and does a fantastic job of mulching. I have the best looking lawn in the neighborhood, mostly tall fescue, so there is quite a bit of grass to mulch, which it does very well.
I don't think the self propelled feature uses much of the engine power either. The engine is always running at full speed for normal mowing. If you're cutting real tall grass, then you're not going to use the self propelled feature.