peerless 5sp transmission - which one do I need?

I'm replacing a peerless 700 5 speed manual transmission again. I bought the one I have used and it doesn't have the model number on it. When I search for replacements I found numerous peerless models that don't appear different. How can I determine which model would work for me?
They have quite abit of interchangeability, the axles seem to be the biggest difference, and they can be changed if you open it up and take the spider gears off the new one and put them on the old axles. that's what I plan to do at my next change as I have one with the tapers and bolt holes and the replacement has the snap-rings. I cant get the wheels off of the old axles anyhow. I've been running it without the bolts for 2 years mowing, pulling heavy trailers, jumping small ditches and spraying them regularly with penetrating oil and hitting occasionally with a FBH, they might as well be welded on.
ask t man at perr.com forum