Need Help with Crab Grass, Weeds, and Brown Spots

I have a newly sodded bermuda lawn about 4 months old, and I have crab grass and some other kind of weedy grass that looks like rescue all over the place. I also have brown spots throughout yard.
I am a do-it-myselfer (aka cheap) and hate the idea of resorting to calling a service like TruGreen. I have sprayed the entire lawn with Ortho weed killer and Ortho crabgrass killer, but the stuff won't die. Does the Ortho stuff work, or is there something better I should be using? We have gotten a lot of rain this season in north Georgia, but I sprayed when ground was dry and it didn't rain for a couple of days after. I wonder if this stuff only works during a very dry season when the weeds need water.
Anyway, does anyone know a good regemine to eliminate everything but the bermuda and cure the brown spots? What should I use for each and how often? Or would it just be cheaper to call a lawn service for a couple of summers until the yard gets established?
Thanks, Paul
Paul H. Smith wrote:

spot treat just the weeds. it takes time for a yard to grow in good just aerate in the growing season june to august once or twice and a little fertilizer 2-3 times during same period. lime in winter
Crabgrass is one of those weeds that are best treated pre-emergence in the fall and spring. Once it is growing, it is all but impossible to stop. You can follow the Scotts 4 step program but use store brands of everything to save some $.

Paul,
If you can find "Drive75" from a dealer, it's one of the best one shot applications for Bermuda. Most lawn companies dom't use it because of it's cost, $90.00 per bottle.
As someone mentioned earlier, I am buying the larger spray unit for my own private use. I figure if I buy the sprayer from Northern Tool, I can use the best chemicals available and not wait on "The truck" either.
I bought a 14 gallon sprayer for small stuff around the yard like bushes and it runs on a 12 volt battery booster all day. I have had it for seven years and you can't break it.
snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net
[...]
another good product is Scotts Turf Bulder with Summerguard and insect control. A 13.5 lb bag will treat 5,000 sq ft. Neighbors n I are using it and see significant improvement esp during droughts. Costso was selling the product. Costco is moving fast in getting all the summer items off the shelves to make way for school and fall items. Good luck.