Moles/Voles??

Are there any good ways to get rid of these critters without having to trap them. They are just tearing my lawn up. I don't feel like playing Davy Crockett!! Thanks for the input.

I know you're going to think I'm nuts, but this really worked. : )
I put used cat litter down any hole that looked like it might belong to the pesky critters for about a month last year, this year no voles.
Silly but true, Susan
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Larry wrote:

I've had good luck with putting moth balls in their tunnels lately. Haven't had any new mounds in almost two weeks since I tried it.

Would this work for chipmunks? Every time I mow, there's a half dozen new holes. I tried to get the cat to notice them, but she doesn't like to go that far from the deck, spoiled brat.
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote:

Wouldn't hurt to try. They're cheap.