Mole the story continues

A big tks to DS549,shane, buzzard, joet and more that I can't recall.

I had to hire a trapper; but he was very knowledgeable and set 2 traps and caught the critter the first night.

I am concerned enough to learn that craft as another mole might show up and I don't want to go through this all again. So I might buy a scissor trap or 2 and wait for it. One thing, it is a SKILL to set a trap correctly I have learned, thats why you don't see many folks doing it. He just made it look easy.

He also showed me the possibility of Voles being in the yard and suggested some basic mousetraps with peanut butter on them next to their holes. I will give that a try.

What do I do with ole mounds of dirt. Remove them and re seed or what. Is the dirt ok to seed in?

How do cats find the moles since they live in the ground and folks claim cats will get them?

tks again all.

bill

Reply to
billw

Cat's have much better hearing, vision (especially night) and reflexes than we humans. Most dogs can hear and dig up moles as well. When I had German Shepards, they used to regularly present me with they're mole kills. lol I'm sure a cat with a good set of claws could dig up a mole with equal ease but I'm not so certain every cat would/could be motivated to do so!

Reply to
JoeT

I don't know how they do it, but our cats put a huge dent in the mole population. They would never eat them, though. Just left the "gifts" on our back porch, lol.

Cindy

Reply to
CindyP

i just move the dirt with a shovel, cant get it all back in the hole... i wouldnt be surprised if another mole shows up lookin for his buddy. sometimes i get 5-10 one right after the other out of the same tunnel. yeah, once you learn to set trap its easy. lucas

Reply to
ds549

Same here. Soon after we got a cat, dead moles began appearing on the back porch. In a few weeks my mole problem was solved. It was cheap, easy, environmentally safe and very effective.

Reply to
Winston Smith