Low Power & Smoke - Lawnboy

I have a Lawnboy model 6872 or maybe 7268.

Anyway, it was running fine, then I noticed that the power went down and it started smoking.

After it cooled, I started it and it ran more or less normally then after

4 or 5 minutes starts smoking with low power.

Compression seems normal.

Anyone know what happened or how I could figure out what happened?

Reply to
ecarecar

Is it possible for you to check the compression when it is hot ? Something must change as it heats up. Do you have to keep adding oil ?

Sarge

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

if its a 2 stroke , exhuast may be clogged up.

ds549

Or just the airfins could be clogged with leaves and grass.

Reply to
Stubby

Why would it be white? Does it have a radiator?

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

The whole story is that I got lazy and took it to a shop last winter to have something done. I got it back and started using it. A few weeks later it started the gradual process of smoking and losing power after it warmed up. It got progressively worse.

I temporarily got unlazy and started to take the carburetor off when I noticed the bolts/screws holding it on were loose. I tightened them and everything seems to be fine.

The only confusing thing is that I would have expected the mixture to have gotten lean not rich.

Reply to
ecarecar

Thanks for coming back and explaining. Nothing worse than to be left hanging.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko