Load Handler Cargo Unloader

For lawn mower and snow thrower, I got one of those kits that you attach to planks to load/unload my SUV. Figured it was lowest cost way to go for something I did infrequently.

Reply to
Frank

For lawn mower and snow thrower, I got one of those kits that you attach to planks to load/unload my SUV. Figured it was lowest cost way to go for something I did infrequently.

Reply to
joe

Then, I recommend shovel ;)

Reply to
Frank

joe wrote the following:

Do you mean like this?

willshak

yes just like that.

Reply to
joe

willshak wrote the following:

would take a pretty strong man to crank the handle with a ton or more of cargo dragging along the bed. I had a hard time unloading a yard and half of wood mulch loaded onto a tarp that was placed in the bed beforehand. I had to shovel a lot of it out before I could drag the rest out.

Reply to
willshak

videos of this does show a person cranking with little effort. I hope to here from some with personal knowledge. thanks for the opinion.

Reply to
joe

I've used one with a full size F150 and a full size Tundra. They work great for gravel, sand, etc.

Not so good for firewood -- it gets caught behind the wheel wells.

My 10 year old granddaughter, turned the crank to unload 1970 lbs (yep, I was a little overloaded) of gravel, without any assistance.

Before I place the cloth in the bed I mist the truck bed with some cheap spray on car wax... does that help? Don't know, I figure it can't hurt.

Steve, WV

Reply to
smt

smt wrote the following:

Good to know. Maybe the next time the SWMBO tells me to get some more mulch, unless I can convince her to get the rubber mulch, I ,ay get one of them. Speaking of which, does anyone use the rubber mulch? I only use it around trees and in the flower garden behind my sun room.

Reply to
willshak

For backyard mower and snow thrower, I got one of those kits that you attach to planks to load/unload my SUV. Figured it was everyman amount way to go for something I did infrequently.

Reply to
jammyhoww

jammyhoww wrote the following:

Yeah, I got the same thing for 2 - 2x8s a couple of years ago. I haven't used it yet, but it was one of those things that I may need someday, but someday hasn't come yet and may never come.

Reply to
willshak