liquid lawn fertilizer and sales sources for bulk

Compost and manure is hardly extreme. Compost and manure has been used on lawns, farms and gardens long before fertilizers. In fact it's the original fertilizer. Please do some reading before you make more statements that shows your obvious lack of knowledge
What's not practical is using chemical fertilizers. A manure spreader is as easy to use as your broadcaster. Or just broadcast it with a shovel.
I had a yard just about as big as yours last year. 1/4 acre lot. It wasn't that hard to apply. I spread about 30 40lb bags of dillo dirt mixed with composted manure. I used a flat nose shovel.
I just moved to my much smaller yard and only used 10 bags of just dillo dirt. The results were amazing. The yard was in pretty bad shape when we bought the house last October.
They\ guy at Lowes said to not use over 1/4" but I think you can use less especially if you do a fall feeding. I like manure/compost much better than fertilizer not only for environmental concerns. Manure/compost is like food for your yard. Fertilizer is more like vitamins. It washes off too quickly. Manure/compost gradually releases itself.
BTW: Besides watering and weeding this is all I do. My neighbors will inevitably ask me what I use on my yard. :) The proof is in the pudding.
You should try it once and see how it goes. If it is too much work (it isn't) look into natural fertilizers. Check with a nursery that specializes in natural earth friendly products. Out here we are having severe problems with the chemicals used in weed & feed, round up and other fertilizers showing up in our ground water, lakes and streams. Please what ever you do please don't use weed & feed or round up type products.
Dude:
We all have our learning stages. I hope someday you take the time to look into what I have suggested. Just remember, the commercials you see on TV are propaganda and they are not telling you the whole truth. Facts are this stuff is polluting our water.
We all have our part to do. Some day hopefully you'll come around.
Peace.

ythread wrote:

News flash: Most chemicals are natural.
--
Art

Art said:

I had wondered when someone was going to say that. =)
In the treehugger's defense, I think they meant, "as opposed to synthetic". =)
I did a little reading about this "dillo dirt" stuff. It comes from Austin, and probably works pretty well, there. I'm not so sure it's the cure-all for lawns everywhere. It's still best to have your soils tested, decide on the species of grass you ultimately want to have growing in your lawn, and fertilize accordingly, adding the nutrients in the rates specific to that grass species, IMO.
Thinking about Art's interpretation of ythread's use of the word "natural", I started searching comparisons between natural and synthetic fertilizers. I even ran across one throwing "dillo dirt" into the mix. It was a pretty good read, and even hails from Texas. http://www.tcmastergardener.org/html/new_fertilizer_recommendations.html
As a side-note, during my above searches, I never found anything to backup the theory that "Scotts = Death". =)
--

Eggs

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

I agree.
My point was that ythread seems to go along with the thinking that just because something is "natural" it is good and if it's not natural it is destroying the planet. I never quite bought into that. There's some pretty toxic stuff in nature and some very beneficial and safe chemicals too. But that goes both ways.
I once heard of a guy that was killed when a pallet load of fertilizer was dropped on him. No doubt, it was Scotts.
--
Art

Art said:

I'd forgot about hearing that. Had to be Scott's. Damn. Guess I'll start dumping Austin's waste on my yard, too, now. =)
--

Eggs

-Every snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Well said and I was a bit hasty.

and btw i am a tree hugger =)
jthread said:

I called it. =P
--

Eggs

- The Lady of the Lake-- her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held
on 5/19/2007 4:42 PM Art said the following:

I heard someone blew up a Federal Building in Oklahoma City with fertilizer.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY