liquid lawn fertilizer and sales sources for bulk

No. For now I'm sticking with the DD.

Reply to
ythread

Fair enough and good luck with it.

Reply to
Steveo

News flash: Most chemicals are natural.

Reply to
Art

I had wondered when someone was going to say that. =)

In the treehugger's defense, I think they meant, "as opposed to synthetic". =)

I did a little reading about this "dillo dirt" stuff. It comes from Austin, and probably works pretty well, there. I'm not so sure it's the cure-all for lawns everywhere. It's still best to have your soils tested, decide on the species of grass you ultimately want to have growing in your lawn, and fertilize accordingly, adding the nutrients in the rates specific to that grass species, IMO.

Thinking about Art's interpretation of ythread's use of the word "natural", I started searching comparisons between natural and synthetic fertilizers. I even ran across one throwing "dillo dirt" into the mix. It was a pretty good read, and even hails from Texas.

a side-note, during my above searches, I never found anything to backup the theory that "Scotts = Death". =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I agree.

My point was that ythread seems to go along with the thinking that just because something is "natural" it is good and if it's not natural it is destroying the planet. I never quite bought into that. There's some pretty toxic stuff in nature and some very beneficial and safe chemicals too. But that goes both ways.

I once heard of a guy that was killed when a pallet load of fertilizer was dropped on him. No doubt, it was Scotts.

Reply to
Art

I'd forgot about hearing that. Had to be Scott's. Damn. Guess I'll start dumping Austin's waste on my yard, too, now. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Well said and I was a bit hasty.

Reply to
jthread

and btw i am a tree hugger =)

Reply to
jthread

I called it. =P

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I heard someone blew up a Federal Building in Oklahoma City with fertilizer.

Reply to
willshak

Not always. The heat from the septic tank dries out the soil above it faster than in other areas.

Reply to
willshak