Laying grass seeds

I was told that if you put grass seeds in a bucket of water for 24 hour
before sowing - this helps give them a helping hand . Is there any trut in this
-- wibble

I've heard of this practice too. However, the question I would ask is, suppose it is of some benefit, then what? I know how to effectively seed using dry grass seed. For example, you can very easily and effectively do it with a slice seeder, which gets the seed into good soil contact. How are you going to seed using a bucket of slop?
Good point - trader4 - there would certainly be one soggy mass of seed
- I assume you have to spend a fair amount of time raking, raking raking........
-- wibble