Lawn Tractor Electric Clutch

Hi all,

I have a 1994 Troy built Lawn tractor with the electric clutch unit. It worked fine since it was new until now. When I first start to mow it works good until I shut it off for a minute or so. ( to move lawn chairs, hose etc.) When I turn it back on it does not work. If I use it the next day when its cold it will work fine until shut down like before. I'm stumped. This Troy built was made before they were bought out by another outfit, so I am not even sure where to ask other then you folks. Any comments or suggestion?Thanks for reading my post.

Duke

Reply to
Big Duke

The electric clutch is in need of replacement it is losing it's magnetic ability once it is hot. Go to the local troy built rep and get a new one r order a new one. I see from your Email you are in the Catskills of New York so you are not lacking service centers. In Orange County the parts prices are cheaper then any parts to be had over the Sullivan county line.

Reply to
Auto Tech

Check to see if it is getting power with a meter when it will not work. Likely there is a break in the windings and after shutting it off the heat causes the break to open.

Ignore the idiot that said "it's losing it's magnetic ability".

Reply to
Art

Another Stubby clutch?

Reply to
Steveo

It came from G2, what did you expect? The dipshit doesn't even know the difference between email and news. ;)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Art, I do not see why you have to name call because of a difference of opinion it is something kids do and makes you look bad. I am not an idiot and I worked on Troys for a number of years in a lawn equiptment shop and have seen many magnetic clutches with the same problem and every time it was the clutch itself a short in the windings or open circuit in the windings but the other day I could not think of the proper wording so I said losing its magnetic ability improper wording does not qualify me for your nasty references and inuendo's. Lets be proffesssional here..

Reply to
Auto Tech

I was talking to the op, not you and I stand by what I said as sound advice.

If you want respect here you have to earn it. Posting shit-for-brains answers will not do that. Also keep in mind this is Usenet and you better have thick skin if you expect to stick around and keep you sanity.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly