Kubota ZG20

I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with ethier the Kubota ZG20 or the ZG23 zero turn mowers? Cant seem to find much about them on the groups. Any info would be appreciated.

out when you look at the maintenance schedule. Kubota builds great machines and they last. ZG20 and 23 are gasoline as goes the prefix ZG as opposed to ZD. Gas engines require much more maintenace than diesel but I will say they are generally more expensive to buy and to repair if it ever breaks down.

Can you describe the "much more mainenance" that gas engines require?

maintenance. Ex: the first service on the diesel is after 50 hours of use and then every 100 hours thereafter. gasoline engines require much more frequent maintenance I believe it is after the first 15 hours and then every 30 hours thereafter. Unless you are very handy at doing this type of maintenance it can get quite expensive. I live in Florida and I have approx. 9 acres of property to mow. I would be performing maintenace on a ZG engine more than I would be mowing the lawn. ZG is cheaper but ZD will run longer and harder.
How much more expensive is the ZD as opposed to the ZG20. I was qouted 6199.00 for the ZG20 and since I only have 1.5 acre Im probably buying to much mower, but even at 30 hr. intervals I could go most of a season over here in Texas with maybe 1 oil change a season. How long have you had you ZD anyway? BTW thanks for the trouble to post back.

the ZG20. The ZD28 is quite a bit more expensive it runs around $11,500.00. The main reason I bought that one is because of the amount of acreage I have plus the grass gets pretty tough here in the summer. I also have to mow around a pond that is about 1 acre in size. That extra 8 horse power really makes a difference. Kubota does make some smaller diesels that run around 8 or 9 grand but I guess it all about preference...Good luck you will love the kubota!
Thanks for the feedback. Good to here the positive report. Thanks again.

What sort of maintenence are you referring to? I think diesels are longer lived, but they cost much more than gas engines so the actual cost per hour of use may not be very diferent. Maintenence as far as I know is about equal. Can you be more specific about the maintenence and interval needed by the two cases in question? And your comment about spending more time maintaining than mowing is just BS. I mow about an acre twice a week and use a gas powered Craftsman mower. Engine maintenence in 4 years of ownership has amounted to cleaning the air filter twice a year and changing the oil and filter once a year as per the owners book.