Javier - your new JD

Check the tire pressure in your owner's manual. MY JD 110 lists 6 to 16 psi in front and 5 to 10 psi in rear.
Oil has nothing to do with it. I just don't trust the kids they have setting these machines up. Check to make sure there is enough and that they did not overfill.

Well, the manual says to look at what's on the tire sidewalls. Go figure! This is a JD 125.

Oh, OK. Yeah, I checked the oil before firing it for the first time, it was at the proper level.
-jav

Kids.. What kids? JD's are post delivered by an actual JD mechanic on site. A 10 point inspection is done and their local JD dealer sticker is put on the tractor for you to call with any problems. Everything else is assembled by an "assembly" kid at the store level, which can be from just the seat to seat , steering wheel, and battery.

I'm not that gullible. And I doubt if an "actual mechanic" is putting the oil in these things. But I did have an "actual mechanic" overfill my new Jeep at the local dealer a couple years ago. Our "local JD dealer" is about 20 miles from the store.
But you bring up a good point. If some "assembly kid" put the seat on and it's riding stiff I'd check to see if the seat is attached correctly.
Srgnt Billko wrote:

It seems to be, it's resting on the springs.
This is the first riding mower I've ever operated, it's quite possible that the ride is as expected, and I'm just not used to it.
-jav