Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

Idle Problem Honda Mower Buffalo HRU196 GXV160 OHV

Hi folks

I have a Honda mower with a GXV160 OHV 5.5 Hp engine that will not idle. It appears to run ok at full revs, but when I bring it back to idle the motor slows them speed up again over and over at if the engine is running to slow and the governor is compensating for the low revs.

The governor spring and lever are connected at the top of the governor lever to the carby and the lower spring on the governor lever is still connected to another lever attached to the throttle cable.

This problem started after I removed the blade disk to replace the blades.

Any ideas or is it a trip to the dealer

Reply to
The Rat Hehehe

Start the engine up and slow it down until it goes to hunting. The take your finger and slowly apply the choke, If it smoothes out ther is some trash or something in the idle circuit in the carb. , To fi remove the carb. tear it down and clean with carb. choke spray cleane and reassemble

-- restrorob

Reply to
restrorob

Thanks restrorob

All fixed now. Thanks for your guidance. My local Honda dealer was not that forth coming with info on what could be wrong. I guess he may have been thinking of the lining of his pocket.

Kind Regards

Anthony Y A E Y Garden & Property Services

Reply to
The Rat Hehehe