How do I get rid of these pests

Just bought this house last fall and have tons of things to do in the yard. First I'm not sure what this weed is but it's popping up in all the beds.
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/bradjpeters/house/100_3096.jpg
And this ivy is a mess. Any idea how I'll be able to get rid of it?
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/bradjpeters/house/100_3099.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/bradjpeters/house/100_3098.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/bradjpeters/house/100_3097.jpg
p-nut wrote the following:

Glechoma hederacea, or Creeping Charlie, or Ground Ivy
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote the following:

Sorry, I only looked at the first pic. I don't know the name of the other. If there are not too many, just dig them out
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
p-nut said:

Henbit, a winter annual. Pulls out pretty easily. One of the most common weeds in my garden in the spring. (Nice addition to the compost pile.) Has bright, pretty flowers much loved by bees. One plant can generate an enormous amount of seeds, though, which remain viable for a long, long time.
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/Weed/henbit.htm

The vine is Vinca minor. It's a fairly popular flowering groundcover for semi-shady areas. You might consider trying to keep some of it, because properly cared for it can look fairly nice, and does provide flowers. It is a bit of a thug, though, running rampant if not managed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinca_minor
Pull up whatever you can and spot-treat with the herbicide glyphosate (if you are OK with that). Use appropriate caution, and avoid getting this herbicie on anything other than your target plant.
A gardener writes about conquering overgrown Vinca: http://www.paghat.com/vinca.html
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:46:07 GMT,
(snip)

Periwinkle, And It's A BITCH To Get Rid Of!
Spray it with Round-Up. Just when you think you've got it all, you'll see it pop up somewhere! Keep at it. Do Not expect it all to be gone in ONE season. It's a creeper and will continue to spread if you let up.
http://www.USENETHOST.com 100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous,     5$/month Only!

I agree that Roundup or glyphosate is the way to go. I would NOT pull them out. You have a stone bed there and anytime you pull anything out, it brings up soil with it that then is in the stones and promotes more weeds.
p-nut blurted out in alt.home.lawn.garden:

Thanks for the responses. Least I know what I'm tackling now. I plan to rip up all the ivy this weekend and hit it with some roundup. I have a stretch of about 75ft is the problem.