How do I get rid of Moles?

This may be resurrecting an old subject but I have a huge problem with Mole hills on my lawn in Brittany, France. I have tried everything except poison, this I cannot use because I have three dogs and would not risk their health. I have found that mole hills do not appear in the parts of the lawns that have been treated with "Weed & Feed". Does this product have an effect on the worms in the teated areas or dirctly on the moles? If this is the answer is it possible to make a weed and feed substitute as the commercial product is very expensive here in France and my lawns cover a large area. Any help and advise would be must welcome as would a recipe for weed and feed. Many thanks in advance Gavin
hi gavin, i have killed amost a hundred moles in the last 3 years, i use sissor mole traps i got from gemplers.com. i tried the products advertised as mole reppellants and they did not work. i did notice when i put amonium nitrate fertilizer on my back lot that i have garden and fruit trees that the moles left to the surrounding areas for several months. lucas
Gavin Paton wrote:

Wee and Feed will certainly affect them. I had a problem with them. I also had some black fungus on the fescue. I spread fungicide and they didn't like that.It rained in the next few days . Several came out of their holes and raced around screaming over the next few days. I didn't know they could make a sound. My daughter caught one and took it to school. She had to feed it crickets etc every few minutes. I guess the others went into the woods or died.

The main reason moles are in your lawn is the presence of grubs. Grubs are candy to a mole. Get rid of the grubs and you should get rid of the moles. I know this from experience.
Hawkeye65
You guys are making this way too tough...
All you have to do is light a fusee (road flair) and shove it in the hole. Kick the dirt into the hole so the acrid smoke won't come out, instead it will fill the tunnels and the moles will leave. If they don't,,, they will die. The sulfer smell is way too strong to exist. You may have to hit them a few times before they quit coming back.
This works great!

Caddy Shack meets Wack-A-Mole
I heard this on public radio today, Juicy fruit gum, I guess they ea
and and it messes up there innerds. Dont know if it really works
-- hieb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hiebs's Profile: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/member.php?userid=6 View this thread: http://www.HomeOutfit.com/showthread.php?td27
NO gum don't work. Get a harpoon trap and learn how to use it.
Mel & Donnie down in Bluebird Valley In the middle of beautiful down town Yountsville. Managers of the water works.
Moles are helping you, grubs are favorite food and the aerate your lawn and garden beds. They are carnivores and don't eat roots, voles do.

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:05:06 GMT, "KCnRichmond"

the problem is, in a garden they tunnel under your plants and the roots dry out
there are some nash mole traps on ebay . i think they are the best trap. lucas
Get a Mole catcher!

Gavin Paton Wrote:

I too had ?have a mole problem in a big way. I tried all the logica and some times plain daft methods recommended. Finally I found tha the only reliable way is to trap them using half barrel traps, als known as dufus traps in areas where there are large molehills an scissor traps where the runs are visible as raised ruts on the surface I get about a 1 in 5 success rate and have the satisfaction of knowin not hoping that I have gotten rid
-- cubby