Help to identify an antique mower required, thank you

Hi all,
I am seeking advice to find the history about an old lawn mower that a friend has. I have tried looking at ebay hoping to find something similar - none that I could see. I have also searched google to try and find a website that may help. We have taken the mower to our local mower shop and the owner has never seen anything quite like this style. It is not the usual push mower as it has blades that move from side to side - like a shaver. Is there a collectors group that anyone knows about that I could contact - and send a pic to for some help?
Any help would be most appreciated. Di Maloney Please reply group or To reply direct, please remove '1' from email address - snipped-for-privacy@alphalink.com.au
On 12/5/2004 5:21 AM US(ET), Maloney Empire took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

You asked this back on Nov 25th and within an hour and a half, someone was kind enough to respond with a link that may have identified the mower for you. Go back and read that response.

it's a sickle bar mower, there were many makers in the day. post a pic sometime and let's seee it. Chip