help me find these

I'm looking a simple, maybe 2' long retracted, 4' long extended, light duty screw jack.
If anyone knows where I can find a gizmo like that, please let me know. I want to put a swivel foot on each end and use it for a knee brace on a fence post.

Make one from a piece of pipe and a length of threaded rod. Weld a nut on an end of the pipe.
Chas Hurst wrote:

home made stuff is great.
sad watching another spend to much money on what could be so easily made out of a few scrap parts from the scrap parts pile.
did you know most neighborhoods have rules against having a scrap parts pile? yep, upsets those who are unable to visualize a future use for a piece of scraped out metal. they call'em eye sores and that's their reasoning for not allowing neighborhood dwellers with visionary expertise to retain and maintain a scrap pile. all about, if 'I' can not do it then 'I' want to prohibit you from being able to do it.

Same with "dump picking" - they stop us from recycleing stuff from there also. Twenty years ago I built a nice 10 by 12 shed wuth lumber I "picked".
Srgnt Billko wrote:

at the county trash dump they got not one but two old men guarding the stuff. ticks me off how the government had rather fill up a landfill with that good stuff rather than allow me to take it home...
:(
RB wrote:

1. go to hardware store 2. buy piece of all-thread, and a 'rod joiner' sized to fit it. there's the jack you describe. alternately, use a turnbuckle as an 'expander' I