Gas Tank fpr Cub Cadet Tractor

I am looking for a gas tank for a model 71 Cub Cadet Tractor. Any ideas???

-- bc

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

I have no idea what a model 71 is. Is it relatively new ? - old ? - very old ? Is it a plastic tank or metal ? And are you saying the dealer won't order it for you or you are just looking for cheap ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I have no idea what a model 71 is. Is it relatively new ? - old ? - very old ? Is it a plastic tank or metal ? And are you saying the dealer won't order it for you or you are just looking for cheap ?

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

If you go to my blog

you will see a link at the top of the page for an "Old-Time Tractor Club". Why don't you take a look at that and see if there is one in your area. Ours has a flea market every year and also an auction every year. Stuff like that always shows up.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Just did a little research and my stuff only shows a Model 71 built from

1965 to 1967. So I doubt wether yours is a 1971. I have two Model 128's which were built from 1971- to 1974. Mine are 12 hp with relatively big metal gas tanks. I had to blast the one out when I bought the tractor about 5 years ago. Can you recondition yours ? If not I would just look for any salvage tank that would fit.
Reply to
Srgnt Billko

-- bc

Reply to