Flower / Plant garden

My husband and I are dedicating today to put in a flower bed. We are digging up grass and will be wanting to plant some plants / bushes that are year round tolerant for Boise, ID. Something with color, any suggestion? As far as size, it is 3.5feet by 25 feet. I am looking for plants with color, mostly reds. Do you know of any guidelines of where to plant stuff out in the bed? That's the next issue. I am thinking, 8 plants/ bushes, perennial spread out every 3 feet, then a bit closes to the grass side, flowers in between the bushes (but further up) If anyone has any ideas on where to put the plants down, I would appreciate it!

Reply to
Jackee