Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Part 2

Some nice pictures (not mine) of the Epcot International Flower

> and Garden Festival at Walt Disney World. >
Use the "start/stop" button for a slide show.

Thanks for posting a link to our pictures, Vox... glad you liked them...

We have posted a second group of pictures from the International Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot... you can find them at:

reason for my post is I need some help identifying a plant/flower in the second group of pictures.

Can anyone help me identify the red plant/flower shown in picture 29 and again in picture 114?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated...

- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net See out trip reports and pictures at

PS - only use the "start/stop" button for a slideshow if you have a broadband connection... the pictures are large and take a while to load on a slower connection...

Reply to
concord

The plant is Amaranthus, sometimes called the summer poinsettia.

is sold as a summer annual around here (Cincinnati), but is a less known and underutilized plant.

Reply to
Vox Humana

"concord" wrote

"Vox Humana" wrote

Thanks for all your help... it answered the question of one of the folks on a Disney mailing list had about the pictures...

- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net See our trip reports and pictures at

concord

Pictures from the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival

dear folks of Rec.Gardens, I request your help in identifying another flower from our Epcot trip last month...

It is the group of blue flowers in picture 6 and also seen in close-up in picture 100.

Thanks in advance...

- Bill - concord - minandbill @ minandbills.net See our trip reports and pictures at

concord

Agapanthus I think.. link to follow, pictures not as nice.. but..looks the same otherwise.

Janice

and she thought it was some type of lily...